Sunday, February 11, 2007

Updated Upholstery samples skirt

A-line skirt, made from upholstery samples plus arm-band - Updated

A little while back I wrote about a skirt that I made from upholstery samples. Well now I've added to it. This time I'll write about it in a little more detail.

I went Reverse Garbage where I found upholstery samples. I found 3 of the same set for $1 each. This is what I started with.


When I got home I overlocked them and washed them. Then I overlocked them together and used that as though it were a piece of fabric. I got one of my fav skirts and used it to cut out the skirt and then sewed it up and sewed in elastic. This is what I got (front and back).

Then last week as I was cleaning out my fabric stash, I found the scraps. I thought I would make some embellishments. I set the sewing machine to small zig zag stitch with a stitch length less than 1. I then sewed a shape of a flower (which I had already drawn and just followed) then cut the out and sewed onto the skirt. Thet will fray up to the point of the stitching. I also sewed some onto an armband that I made with a velcro fastener. Here's what I have now.






No comments: