Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My new skirt from upholstery samples :)

Ok, so I listed in my interests section that I'm currently into making reconstructed and recycled clothing.

This is one of my projects. I picked up some fabric sample cards (3 of the same) at reverse garbage for $1 each. They sample cards probably were for choosing fabric for a couch or something.

Anyhow, I took the sample cards apart, washed the fabric, overlocked it together and then used that as a piece of fabric to make a skirt out of. I don't have a pattern for a skirt, I just layed out one of my skirts and just cut it from that - it is a simple A-line skirt.

The material is a little heavy for summer but it will make an awesome autumn or maybe even QLD winter skirt.

Total cost of this skirt was a $3. It also put those sample cards to good use, instead of going in landfill - so bonus points for that


No comments: